The author has had a passive interest in aviation, using many opportunities to widen his understanding of aviation related topics.
Although pale in comparison to those contacted during the research phase of the project, nevertheless his experiences did leave a lasting impression and appreciation for all pilots and the numerous aircraft they have flown. The author’s aviation highlights include:
- Viscount flight in 1959
- too may airline flights to recall
- glider flight at Kars, ON.
- Waco biplane flight in Kissimmee, Florida
- Harvard flight at the CWPH museum
- B24 Liberator flight at Massena, NY
- B17-G Flying Fortress flight in London, ON.
- island host at the Canadian Air and Space Museum, Ottawa